X Plane 9.07 and X Plane Extreme!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TheZimm, Feb 1, 2009.

1. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

An xplane update has been issued. It adds a couple of nice features, but the big thing is how the update dezcription explains how x-plane extreme is coming out with b2 bombers and f22 fighters :) cant wait, any thoughts?

Zym

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

3. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Man, I only discovered 9.06 today, and there's already a 9.07! We now have *6* areas to fly in in the main game. And Extreme sounds interesting, I gather there will be other planes in the sky for that one. I wonder if the rumored Premium App Store will get a Super X-Plane that has all the areas and planes from from all the versions...of course, the initial reason we got separate versions was they couldn't fit it all into memory at once, so who knows...

4. synagence macrumors 6502a

The only thing that concerns me is the size of the area and the potential speed of the new planes in extreme

If you can fly an SR-71 ... then you can get it up to mach 2 or 3 which means you'll fly over the area in-game pretty quick....
    Sandbox might feel a little more limited in this version

5. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

i hope they let me shoot something in the new version, cause after 10 mins of flying around i get sleepy.

6. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I would like new planes like the B2 as an update. They are crazy to expect me to dish out another $10 for the same game with some cool planes.

7. mikes511 macrumors newbie

mikes511

i hope they will add voice sound for landing and take off, so we can feel the game...as of we are pilots .//

8. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

So, a game where you are chasing other planes to shoot down is the same as a straight pure flight simulator? And if the other games we already have are any indication, it'll also have new areas to fly in that aren't available in the main game.

9. hlr element macrumors member

what are your opinions of this game? i was thinking of getting the extreme version but do you guys think i'll like it even though i have really no clue how to fly?... anyone have a promo code lol?

10. ayasin macrumors 6502

I have no idea how to fly either (and damn it's hard to keep real planes in the air LOL) but I find this game to be AWESOME!! Easily worth the $10 they are asking. Easily.

11. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

what will it take for me to finally try this game out? pc gaming started with x wing and wing commander and ended with x3 reunion. but the dosh is scarce...

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

So now if I wanted every version of X-Plane I'd have to pay $40? Ugh, I already feel ripped off, I won't be getting any more.

Why do I feel ripped off? Well because when the first one was about to come out there was talk of tons of upcoming features, just it wasn't specified these would be in separate apps...