X-Plane 9 questions w/ space

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by adamvk, Nov 28, 2008.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I'm making a list of software to buy when I switch from a PC-Mac in January....One of the things I'm looking at is X-Plane 9, but I noticed if you install everything it will take up apprx 70GB. How much would it be to install, say only the USA?

Also, if new iMacs don't come out in January, I'll be getting:
    20" iMac 2.66GHZ w/ 4GB Ram, 750GB Hdd, and 2600Pro. Would X-Plane run easily at the native resolution of 1680x1020?

Thanks.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

If you only install North America, I expect about 10 GB of HD space will be used.

Playing X-Plane 9 @ 1680 x 1050 resolution will be fine, but you can't turn all options to the max (or "insane" as the app calls them..), but even my Mac Pro '08 with 8 GB RAM and GeForce 8800 GT can't take everything to the extremes... ;)

But it will look gr8 on your iMac! :)

3. Billed macrumors newbie

Need help with X-plane 9

I am new to Mac Froums and need help with X-Plane. I have an I-Mac and love it. Someone please help me

4. dimme macrumors 65816

What is your problem?

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

You can install as little or as much scenery as you wish. Just need to know the coordinates of the places you want. Can save a lot of disk space, for example, by installing the British Isles instead of the entire European package if it's just the U.K. you want to fly around in.

6. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ok, Thanks

7. RWinge macrumors newbie

x-plane ?

I have X-plane app on my iPad. Is it possible to transfer it to my iMac or must I buy a new program?

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You cannot transfer it (except as a backup to the iPad app through iTunes). X-Plane for the iPad/iPhone is separate from the OS X version.

9. XPcentric macrumors 6502

i tried this game and feel sorry i cant run it on macbook 4GB, it goes over 80C temperature, and even its not easy to use keyboard.

10. dimme macrumors 65816

I have North America installed and a bunch of planes and my folder is about 30GB.

I upgraded my Video card from a 8800 gt to a ATI 5770 and my frame rates tripled and I was able to turn up a few settings.