X-Plane Flight Simulator Video Review

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Alchematron, Apr 10, 2010.

1. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I bought a few versions for the iPhone. Good stuff. There is a free trainer for the iPhone that is a Cessna 172. A good way to try and buy.

2. Alchematron thread starter macrumors 65816

Alchematron

3. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Great find! I forgot about X-Plane for the iPad. I'm going to buy it! :D

4. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Thank you so much for that greet review! The app is so much better than the iPhone version. Downloading now... :D

5. Silvereel macrumors 6502

I'd never played X Plane until I got it on my iPad. I've got a lot of fun out of it so far, and I expect I will be playing it for a long time yet. Makes me want to give the iPod and PC versions a try.

6. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

I've been debating this one for awhile now, Looks like alot of fun, still not sure if i'm going to buy it LOL I don't know what it is about this one but I can never seem to pull the trigger on the purchase.

7. ArcAngel66 macrumors regular

Whenever this syndrome hits me... I simply pull the trigger, and then when the next opportunity strikes for me to spend money on something in real life, I simply say no... such as fast food or something.

I'll buy the App for $10, and then simply opt out of a similar real life purchase when it comes.

When you think about it, you spend a lot of meaningless money every day that you could avoid... and so I avoid that and splurge on Apps =)

Btw OP, you sold me on this App. X-Plane had always been something I overlooked in the App store. Once I get my 3g iPad, I'll be buying this App!

8. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

Awesome. I've been waffling over getting this but the review clinched it for me. At $10 it seems like a good buy if you like flight sims (which I do).

9. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I have it for the desktop and iPhone/iPod touch. It's good!

I purchased the iPad version today. Don't have an iPad yet, but will be getting one. :)

11. and.sleepless macrumors member

Can you do cross ocean flights on this? It would be pretty sweet to be on a plane and take the same flight path aha.

12. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

That does look cool... I have always love flight simulators. All that at only 157 MB... My first computer didn't have a hard drive that big.... and I remember when computers didn't have hard drives. I might pick this up, I don't have alot of time to play it, but it might be fun to take off or do a quick landing.

13. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Haha nice idea. And if the plane is late and the flight crew creates excuses, you can say "Well, I got there on time! Why can't you?" :D

14. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

I suppose that would only be valid if X-plane took into account real world weather, jetstreams, and real world air traffic.

15. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Shhhh! Don't ruin the story!