Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mj11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
I just loaded X plane 9 and can't even get it to start??? I click on the XPLANE9 cd on the desk top and I get these choices below:

dvd_version.txt
Installer Mac
Extras
X-Plane 9
How To Install.rtf
X-Plane.ico

Is this right and what do I click next?

Thanks

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
You need to install the game onto your hard drive.
Double-click the "Installer Mac", and follow the on-screen instructions. Worth noting that by default the installer wants to install the game directory onto the HD. It is advisable to let it be installed in the "Mac HD"/Applications/ directory.

mj11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Ok, as a new Mac user alot of this is greek to me. Should I uninstall it first and if so how do I do that. Second, can you give me specific instructions on how to install it directly to the hard drive? I want to fly :)

Thanks!

quotemeas

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
Ok, as a new Mac user alot of this is greek to me. Should I uninstall it first and if so how do I do that. Second, can you give me specific instructions on how to install it directly to the hard drive? I want to fly :)

Thanks!

The game hasn't actually installed anything yet, so it is impossible to uninstall it. You need to double-click on the icon that reads "Installer Mac" and follow the corresponding windows that will appear. Further installation instructions can be found in the file titled "How To Install.rtf" Just double-click on it's icon and follow the written instructions.

mj11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Ok, I go it installed on the HD, now when I click to open Xplane it says, "we are getting a file string that is not X system relative! This is illegal! All paths must be X system relative!

The path in question is resources/preferences/Res X-system.prf

Can anyone tell me how to solve this?

Thanks...

mj11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
I just followed the instructions and it is installed on there. Then I click on the X plane icon and that is when I get the message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.