X-plane on MAcbook air

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Murl, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Murl macrumors member

I have an ultimate MacBook air 2.13ghz 4gb of ram. Has anyone tried running X-plane on an air? What about using the iPad or iPhone as the joystick remote? Any advice is appreciated?

2. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

Don't know about the iPad or iPhone joystick (thats possible) but it runs more than decently on my MBP. I don't see why you'd have any problems with playing it on the MBA.

3. Murl thread starter macrumors member

I played the demo and everything seemed to work so I'm thinking about getting it. I have a couple more questions if any of you know the answer. Should I wait to get X-plane 10, I read another post that said it should be out soon? We will probably get an iMac in the fall, if I install the program on the air will I be able to use it on the iMac without purchasing another copy? What yoke should I get, it will have to be USB?

4. iamryo macrumors newbie

X-Plane 10 and MacBook Air

So I bought X-Plane 10 (despite the fact that the website makes me feel like I'm working with a Nigerian prince...) for my MacBook Air after trying the demo. I just received it and now, looking at the inside cover of the packaging, I see that it won't run without the installation disk. I'm not sure if I can use the remote disk drive for this (as I plan to do with the installation), but it's disappointing that I had to buy it and wait to receive it before finding this out. Has anyone used X-Plane 10 on their Air? I'd kind of like to know it works before installing it as I may want to try to return it or give it as a Christmas gift or something.

Thanks,
    Ryan

5. HastaLaVista macrumors member

Give them a call and explain your situation, you might be able to get a discount on the dongle (USB Key).

6. Murl thread starter macrumors member

It can be done by ripping the disk and mounting it with disk utility. I don't recommend stealing the software by any means. This is the best way I have found to run it while using the air with both USBs already being used. If you have the SuperDrive and a free USB port this is the easiest and most legal ways to do it.

Hope this helps