X- Quit Unexpedintly- Pretty much all Apple Apps (Mail, iChat, iDVD)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AppleIntelRock, Oct 5, 2009.

1. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

2. theARNSKI macrumors regular

Do these quit unexpectedly right after launch or after some time of use?

I read on the Apple support forums that there's a JavaCocoaBundle file or some name like that that can be deleted and everything should work after. The JavaPluginCocoa.bundle file is created after the Java 4 update and supposedly is the culprit. Lemme look for that thread or a related article....

Here we go:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2834

My Mail and iDVD are fine, so I did not delete that file for them, but my iChat does this unexpected quit all the time. So I deleted the file, but no avail.

If your iChat works fine once you log in, but quits when you're using it (video chat, transferring files, IMing with someone), try setting it so that it opens as 32-bit instead of 64-bit (HD > Applications > highlight iChat > CMD + I > set to 32-bit). So far it's worked for me.

3. AppleIntelRock thread starter macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

No Dice. I didn't even have it in there :-O And yes, this problem pertains to iChat/iPhoto/DvD/Movie/Etc...

4. AppleIntelRock thread starter macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

5. dashcs macrumors regular

You have 10.5 (Leopard ) right?

From my experience there seems to be two java issues
    One related to the user account which the KB article and one related to the whole system itself which I find happens when someone does the update with everything running...

System.log should state JavaPluginCocoa.bundle is crashing.

If it is,remove from Mac HD->Library->Internet Plug-Ins.

Then I would re-install the latest java update
    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/javaformacosx105update5.html

6. AppleIntelRock thread starter macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

This is what I'm seeing for iChat/Mail ETC:

"Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework/Versions/A/iLifeMediaBrowser
    Referenced from: /Applications/iChat.app/Contents/MacOS/iChat
    Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework/Versions/A/iLifeMediaBrowser: file too short"