iPhone X x vs 8

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ilikewhey, Jun 3, 2019.

1. ilikewhey macrumors 6502a

ilikewhey

hey guys, my current phone is having some lte issues and i'm looking to upgrade,

on ebay the 8 256gb goes for 400 bucks,
    meanwhile the x 64gb i found a deal for 530 bucks,

i'm only on 40ish gig on my current phone so 64gb is not a problem.

both are in mint condition, is touchid vs faceid still a thing?

what other differences besides the lcd vs oled, touchid vs faceid, that i should consider.

given the prices i for each phone, for 130 bucks more i can get an x, which one would you choose.

2. robrobrobro macrumors newbie

If you use GPS, I say avoid both. In recent months I’ve had both a refurb X and new 8. Both have basically useless GPS/navigation, I’m furious. Clearly something is up with the GPS module in these phones. Maybe others have had better experiences than I have, but I drive a lot, and the terrible GPS has been a huge problem. Trying to figure out my next step now. My advice? Go for a 7, or one of the new models.

3. ilikewhey thread starter macrumors 6502a

ilikewhey

i'm currently using the 7 right now, really? i have never heard of this, is this exclusively to apple map or all apps using gps, cause i only use google maps when i drive.

4. robrobrobro macrumors newbie

I can only speak for the two examples I’ve had, but both have nearly unusable navigation on any app including Google Maps. I’m a social worker so I drive a lot for work, and it’s been a huge problem. If you google “iPhone X (or 8) gps issues,” you’ll find a lot of similar stories.

5. snow755 macrumors 65816

snow755