X1600 overclocking

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by I'mAMac, Aug 13, 2007.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Ive overclocked my x1600 to about 429 core and 440 mem. Has anyone else overclocked theirs. If so do you think i can go higher than this? Thanks

2. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

What if any increase have you noticed in games? I have overclocked before but found the gains so marginal it wasnt worth it. You may want to consider that.

3. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Is this in a MBP? How'd you overclock it? And I assume you mean on the OSX side of things?

Nevermind, I see you have an iMac. That's cool though.

4. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

As far as I know it is not possible on the OS X side so it is probably in windows, although maybe I'm wrong.

I've done it too but noticed barely any improvements, so I reverted it to the stock settings. Figured it wasn't worth the risk for barely noticeable improvements, but maybe depending on the game you play it could be worth doing.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I found that 470/470 was the best option for me. I used those settings for hours of gaming with no video crashes.

6. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Ok cool thanks. I just will go around there slowly. And yes its in windows on an imac.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Yeah, I found my iMac hit the limit on core and memory around 480-490. I've heard other people get over ~500. Mine just couldn't handle it so I didn't push it over 470 MHz.