x3100 drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JSchwartz, Jan 1, 2008.

1. JSchwartz macrumors newbie

I did a search and I browsed a few places but can't find a good straight answer for this... I read something that said basically it can be bad to upgrade drivers besides the ones that come with BootCamp. My issue is that I am trying to run some games in windows and a couple are having issues. Far Cry comes up with light blue dirt, plus if I turn up the lighting quality it becomes extremely foggy. C&C Generals won't work at all. Do I need to download drivers from Intel? If so, I don't know which one... http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

Thanks for your help.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Just a guess if you're using XP.

3. JSchwartz thread starter macrumors newbie

That would seem to make sense; I'll try downloading it when I can (I'm using a different computer right now). Now, would the above-mentioned problems be due to a lack of drivers, or could it be something else?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've used Intel's latest drivers with no issues in Windows XP.

I haven't done Boot Camp in some time but I do vaguely remember that's Apple's drivers predate the ones Intel offers on its site.