x3100 graphics.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jeffuwee, Sep 7, 2008.

1. jeffuwee macrumors member

jeffuwee

i know there are a ton of threads concerning this. but seriously. what CAN this play? im planning to get a reburb blackbook maybe after the price drops when possibly a new one comes out. and i was planning to put in 4gb of ram and probably a vista home premium partition. (64 bit? idk if they have that for home premium) but yeah i want to know what it can play basically. css? cod4? assassins creed? wc3? etc. if you guys have experience in this and would like to share what games you could play farily well on the macbook that'd be great. thanks guys.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Counterstrike: Source is about the upper limit on the GMA X3100.

3. wesg macrumors regular

wesg

The X3100 is likely better than the GMA950 inside my MacBook, and my computer will only play games more than about 3 years old. Like Eldorian, I'd agree that CS:S is likely the most advanced game that computer can handle.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I can play AoE 3, COD4, CSS, and my friend has WOW and I can play WC3. Nothing that has high fps, which you might be able to play using low or medium settings and low/medium fps.

5. Jak3 macrumors regular

Call of Duty 4...are you sure it's a X3100?:eek:

6. nick9191 macrumors 68040

7. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

I can play it on my MacBook...

8. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I can play Company of Heroes on a Windows system I have with the x3100, just have to put all settings on LOW

Cheers,

9. jeffuwee thread starter macrumors member

jeffuwee

so pretty much css huh?... dang... oh well its not like i actually play anything else. how bout some other fps games such as tf2? gary'smod anybody ever play those?

another thing. about how much fps do you guys get for css? 30? 40?

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

30 fps on medium settings at 1280 x 800 on the Source engine games.

11. jeffuwee thread starter macrumors member

jeffuwee

30 for an integrated card isn't bad... Its not bad at all lol hopefully if I keep my mb will be able to play some of the newer stuff thats coming out :)

12. Jak3 macrumors regular

... :eek:

I want pics :D

it would be the most epic pic ever!

what kind of FPS do you get on CoD4? What settings? That is insane!! *faints*

13. iTechSup macrumors newbie

iTechSup

here's a reply from a PRO MAC GAMER.

I have a MacBook 13.3 2.4 GHZ with Intel GMA X3100. Games that I was able to run are GTA VS, GTA SA (with laggs), L4D (with laggs), CSS, CS 1.6, CSCZ, NFSUC (with lowest settings, about 2 % lagging), NFS PS (running better than on 4gb sony vaio (no laggs)), NFSUG2 (little laggy), NFSMW-BE (1% laggs), COD2, COD4 SP and MP with almost no laggs on 800X600 and some low settings, tried on 1280X800 was lagging a bit, but still was ok. Far Cry (hardcore lagging), SimCity (2% Laggs), SIMS 2 (no laggs), SIMS 3 (little laggy), BF 2142, BF 1942, NFS Carbon (UnOfficial Cider). So far, there's only one game that didn't work, is CODMW2 (cider). Trying to get it work somehow. Mafia- The Game, Age of Empires III, Quake III, Quake IV (laggs), OutRun 2006, Splinter Cell, NBA Live, Command and Conquer III Red Alert, Halo.
    There are more to it to add, but I gotta remember, so yeah. This is not a joke. Check out my videos if you don't believe:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jxpr1ObOQU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsNOmflFIZs