X800 Dual Output Converter?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Monty Pavement, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Monty Pavement macrumors regular

Hi

I just got a 23" ACD to replace my existing 20" one, and want to have them both on at the same time so I can use the smaller one in Final Cut and Aperture.

I've got an AGP X800 in a dual 2.7 G5 Powermac (PPC), and have the 23" in the ACD output on the X800.

My question is - what converter do I need to use the 20" with the other output on the X800? The 20" is also the current model (well not so bright - two years old) so has a new style ADC connector.

Could someone point me to a UK net site that provides the necessary converter please?

Ta

2. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

You should have gotten one in the box - it's an ADC-DVI adapter.

If you find that you don't already have one, try here.

Apple has discontinued their model in the online store, but if there's a retail store near you, see if they have the part there before buying online.

3. Monty Pavement thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sure there was one in the box - I can see it in my head - but I've moved house since I got it, and it's just the perfect size to get lost in the back of a drawer somewhere!

There's an official Apple one on the UK Apple Store, but it's £69!

4. Monty Pavement thread starter macrumors regular

ebay is my friend - got one for £15.

Which means I will come across my original one in less than an hour's time !

5. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

You need ADC-->DVI if both of your displays are aluminum - if one is plastic, then you don't need an adapter at all. The adapter you showed me is DVI--->ADC, which is quite a bit more expensive and won't do you a bit of good.

Sorry...I hope you find one for even cheaper though :)