x86 Apps to copy DVD's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SiliconAddict, Apr 28, 2007.

1. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Let me get this out of the way before anything else. I'm not looking for an app to simply pirate movies. I'm not going to go to blockbuster and copy movies.

I have a pretty large DVD collection. Actually its above 500 titles now and I do a lot of loaning out to friends, neighbors, relatives, etc. Enough thart I had to get DVDpedia to keep track of what is loaned out.

The problem is the same as what blockbuster runs across. Some of my more popular titles are getting scratched up. Things like my BSG Season 1 and 2 plus the miniseries are becoming a tad on the used side. What I would like to do is make duplicates of some of these more popular titles so I can keep the originals intact. the only app that I've found so far that does a direct transfer is MactheRipper but it hasn't gone x86 yet. Its still PPC based and as such its a tad on the slow side. Someone I know suggested Popcorn. However from what I understand this only works on non-CSS disks which is pretty much nothing.

Does anyone have have suggestions?

PS- No I'm not planning on handing these disks out either. Its strictly for loaner use.

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

If the 'DVDS' are old in years the use the Mac The Ripper or Hand Brake to rip on Hard Drive then burn copy to dvd via popcorn 2

I do this for storage purposes too .. I do buy my movies from my Work in the retail side of the site and rip them

3. SiliconAddict thread starter macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Again MTR is still a PPC based app. I'm wondering if there are any Intel or UB apps out there.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

For a small donation to MTR, you can get access to the new beta version which is UB. I highly recommend it.

5. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

For the record, the "homepage" for the MTR3 beta is RipDifferent, and like TPAM said, if you donate to the project, they'll give you access to the beta.

6. MacNtoss macrumors member

I have FastDVDcopy it performs flawlessly...in my opinion the best except the pricetag is a bit steep $99 its universal and fast.