iPhone xbackup problem cydia wow

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by b2051758, Mar 7, 2013.

1. b2051758 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me out. I've had to restore my iphone due to a crash and re jailbreak. I normally restore my jb apps using xbackup. Problem is, its not restoring them.
    After the proposed successful restore, I go into cydia and the wow, you've exceeded the number of packages this apt is cable of error comes up. I check the sources and they are all there, I'm guessing xbackup is unable to complete the restore is due to this error. It restores the sources, but this error prevents it from going any further.
    Does anyone know a way of having xbackup only restore certain repos? I was thinking of going into the xbackup location via ifile and trying to edit something but wouldn't know where to start.

Any one have any experience with this?

Thanks for any info

Tom.

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

That "wow you exceeded" error is because you have too many repos. Remove repos until the error goes away

3. b2051758, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

b2051758 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

I know I can remove just one repo and it goes away. That still doesn't solve my problem. When xbackup does a restore, it restores all my backed up repos, and then goes onto install the apps in the backup location. ( As far as I'm aware the apps are not actually backed up, just a list and corresponding repos of where to get them and automatically install them).

Since it restores my repos first, leading to the error, it stalls and does not proceed to install my cydia apps. This is what I think anyway. If i remove a repo and run the restore again, xbackup just restores that repo back again and I'm back at square one. Cydia wont let you install any apps or look at packages while this error is in place. Im guessing its the same for xbackup when its running a restore in the background.

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Oh I see. Man that's a bummer. I've always had little issues with these types of automated backup/restore tweaks in Cydia. I just use AppInfo to email myself a list of all my repos and installed packages. Then I just go and add everything manually.

Is there any way you can edit xbackup and tell it precisely what you want installed? If not, I'm not sure there's anything else you can do to get xbackup to work since its already not working for you.

Sorry. Maybe someone who uses xbackup can help you better than I can. Good luck.

5. b2051758 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. Its a major pain, since I had a ton of jb apps, it will be hard remembering them all.
    Xbackup also backs up icon layout and some jb app settings so its going to be alot of work manually restoring them :-(

Not heard of that appinfo so ill give that a go as an extra backup.

The developer has stated in cydia that in a future version it will be possible to select what repos and apps you want to restore, but no mention of time scale.