iPhone xBackup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dinggus, Feb 25, 2013.

1. dinggus macrumors 65816

Has anyone had any issues with xBackup? I used it to backup everything before I upgraded to 6.1.2, restored my backup, rebooted and then I went straight to Activation mode and my phone wouldn't activate.

I had PdaNet and was reading that causes it to show up, so I tried going into my phone to remove it but iTunes and TinyUmbrella didn't see my iPhone. It's not a big deal, I'm restoring right now. I was just wondering what I did wrong.

2. r9800pro macrumors newbie

I updated my iPhone 4 from 5.1.1 to 6.1.2 and after restoring Cydia tweaks with xBackup my iPhone was stuck on the Apple logo :(

I restored again and am trying to remember ALL the tweaks to get it back the way I made it

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

I use Appinfo to email myself a list of my tweaks before restoring

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Me too. I don't trust automated processes in this instance. I also don't like the idea of a bunch of tweaks all installing at the same time. I like to install everything one by one just to make sure they're installed properly and leaving nothing to chance. The only times I allow my phone to install multiple packages is when the main tweak I'm installing has required dependencies. Outside of this, I do everything one by one. My phone never has problems. The only time I ever have issues is when a package has a known bug and I'm effected by it. But this is almost always fixed by an update. So yea, AppInfo all the way for installing Cydia packages.

5. dinggus thread starter macrumors 65816

I didn't know there was a tweak like that. I just type out all my sources which is only like 3-4 and all my tweaks which I narrowed down to like 5-8 now.