[XBL & PSN]Battlefield: BC Demo

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Jun 8, 2008.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I downloaded the PSN version and I must say....I'm impressed. I love the idea of being able to make your own path and blow down anything in your way. The pacing of the game seems slower than COD4 which I like a lot and its eye candy. The controls took me a while to get use to but once you get the hang its easy.

I really don't like the "shoot yourself up" thing....its annoying in battle plus I couldn't remember the button.

Multiplayer is fun as well....tanks, jeeps, heli at your finger tips.

I'll buy it when it comes out...add another one to the list.

Bless

Bless

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Thanks 2ny.

I will try the download now. I was put off by the 1.66gb size but I'll have a crack now :)

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

The gunshot sound is awesome. The graphics are nice and clean but the people look kinda weird to me... dunno what it is. The biggest complaint I have with it is the world feels so empty. You have this nice draw distance but it feels so sparse. Crysis does the same kinda thing but it feels so packed and dense.

Still, its fun. Anyone know if it has online Co-op?

And anyone else should try Civ: Revolution. It's a great coversion to a console game. Much easier to get into than Civ 4 was.

4. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Played it, and it's up next on my 360 to-buy list. I agree with 2nyRiggz though, the heal yourself system is a bit of a pain, and I think that clouding your vision effect to show you're injured starts way to early.
    Besides that it looks like fun and the vehicles should take me back to my BF1942: Desert Combat glory days :D

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

The clouded vision pisses me off!! That's why the first thing I unlocked was the medi-pen thing. I've played it a lot longer and I love it. It's not as amazing as CoD but it's different, open area, great sound, walls, trees. Just cool little things like that.

6. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The maps are huge....like warhawk huge. I'm enjoying this demo and the rocket launchers/shot gun are very satisfying.

I'm going to get the game but it won't touch my PS3 until I'm good ways into MGS4:D

Bless

7. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Ya I'll probably just get it after I finish MGS4.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Still fracking downloading this.... 1.6 is too big for a demo :rolleyes:

9. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

This demo is AMAZING!!! I have been playing multiplayer non-stop for the past two days. This is the deepest war FPS I've played since BF1. The classes all have a role, the vehicles each have their strengths and weaknesses, and the graphics are amazing!

I can't wait for the full version.

The only thing I see wrong with the game is that little kids and immature adults are attracted to war FPS's. It's hard to find a game where there's not a bunch of TKers and a whole team of snipers not even trying to win. Maybe after a few months the kiddies will be off to play COD4, GoW, and Halo3.

10. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

So I finally came around to buying this game....its still good stuff. The single player is cool and the story is easily forgettable but its the multiplayer I came for and as expected...it delivered.

I'm seeing a lot of reviewers mention COD4 with this(they need to get off the COD4 kool-aid)

Overall the game is good fun if you are into multiplayer but the single player is the side topping here...the audio is top.

Bless

11. evan g macrumors regular

Yeah, it's a good game regardless of what it's pitted against in the gaming world. :)