XBMC and iTunes Naming Conventions

macmac13

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
So I recently got an Apple TV3, and I was very happy to set it up. I bought a copy of iFlicks and I put all of the files that I have been using on my other media center into iTunes. Now, for me it does not make sense to have two copies of every file, and I cannot seem to figure this out. I would like to have XBMC run off of the iTunes Media folder, but when I point the scraper for TV shows there, none of the episodes show up. However, all of the TV show names pop up.

Can anyone help me with this, as I would really not like to have two duplicates of all my media.

Thanks,
Macmac13

macmac13

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
I'm guessing this is a pretty common problem, so does anybody know how to do it?

macmac13

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
Solved!

I finally found a method of doing this! So, here is the procedure basically.

1. Go to Finder then Go > Go To Folder and type ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata
2. Open TextEdit and type this
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <tvshowmatching>
        <regexp>(?i)[/\\]season[^\w]?(\d{1,2})[^\d]*[/\\](\d\d?)[^\w]([^/\\]*)</regexp>
    </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
3. Hit Cmd + Shift + T
4. Save it as advancedsettings.xml to your desktop and UNCHECK "If no extension provided, use .txt".
5. Move the file to the userdata folder.
6. In XBMC go to Videos > Files > Add Videos > Browse > Home Folder > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > TV Shows left arrow and click enter
7. Let XBMC update and enjoy XBMC working!

rowdya22

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
So I am using XBMC 13.2 on a Windows 8.1 computer and was hopeing that you had a solution...

I have been looking everywhere to get this working and tried your fix above but it did not work for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.