XBMC and iTunes Naming Conventions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macmac13, Jun 17, 2013.

1. macmac13 macrumors member

So I recently got an Apple TV3, and I was very happy to set it up. I bought a copy of iFlicks and I put all of the files that I have been using on my other media center into iTunes. Now, for me it does not make sense to have two copies of every file, and I cannot seem to figure this out. I would like to have XBMC run off of the iTunes Media folder, but when I point the scraper for TV shows there, none of the episodes show up. However, all of the TV show names pop up.

Can anyone help me with this, as I would really not like to have two duplicates of all my media.

Thanks,
    Macmac13

2. macmac13 thread starter macrumors member

I'm guessing this is a pretty common problem, so does anybody know how to do it?

3. macmac13 thread starter macrumors member

Solved!

I finally found a method of doing this! So, here is the procedure basically.

1. Go to Finder then Go > Go To Folder and type ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata
    2. Open TextEdit and type this
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
        <tvshowmatching>
            <regexp>(?i)[/\\]season[^\w]?(\d{1,2})[^\d]*[/\\](\d\d?)[^\w]([^/\\]*)</regexp>
        </tvshowmatching>
    </advancedsettings>
    3. Hit Cmd + Shift + T
    4. Save it as advancedsettings.xml to your desktop and UNCHECK "If no extension provided, use .txt".
    5. Move the file to the userdata folder.
    6. In XBMC go to Videos > Files > Add Videos > Browse > Home Folder > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > TV Shows left arrow and click enter
    7. Let XBMC update and enjoy XBMC working!

4. devin plompier macrumors newbie

Thank you veeeeeeeeeeery much for this solution!
    It works perfectly :)

5. rowdya22 macrumors newbie

So I am using XBMC 13.2 on a Windows 8.1 computer and was hopeing that you had a solution...

I have been looking everywhere to get this working and tried your fix above but it did not work for me.