XBMC installation attempt, now Cydia's screwy. [update]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Th3d0ctor, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Th3d0ctor, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

Th3d0ctor macrumors member

Aug 26, 2010
    I added the Xbmc source, http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/, and started installing XBMC but the download was taking a really long time so I closed Cydia and planned to install it later. Now all my sources are gone and it says I have 0 packages installed. And it won't let me add any sources.

I've tried a respring and reboot but no luck. I'm not even sure if the XBMC installation attempt was even related but it's seem kind of a coincidence. Anyone have a similiar problem and/or a solution?

[update] Looks like XBMC being partially installed caused the problem and Cydia eventually detected the issue and helped me remove it. All fixed!
  2. cougar11 macrumors member

Jul 13, 2010
    any info on this guys? i just installed xbmc...but whats it for...streamimg video...from where? do i need to add a website to stream tv shows...please sum1 shed sum light on this for me as i am a newbie to all this...lol
  3. unkn0wnsoldier macrumors regular

Jul 4, 2009
    Fountain, Co
    All you need to do is set up some network shares, then point xbmc at them.

Good reading:

Honestly, it's not for the type of person that wants stuff to "just work". From my previous experiences, I spent more time getting everything set up how I wanted it, than using it. That was my choice, though. XBMC is a pretty good media front end with some decent eye candy. For me, it's just something to tinker with rather than use as a day-to-day media solution.