iPad XBMC is now iPad3-retina compatible!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Nov 29, 2012.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I grabbed and installed this build of 12.0 (goodbye Eden, at least during the testing phase) from Memphiz XBMC-dev on page 16 of this thread:
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132356&pid=1231215#pid1231215

Tested a few 1080p m4vs, mkvs, 720p mkv, some xvid avis, all seem to work perfectly. Can't comment on battery life yet as I just loaded it over stable and trustworthy 11.0 Eden that's on the XBMC official repo.

It seems to stutter for a second or two before processing where in the movies it is and smoothening out, but boy is it buttery smooth once it's playing and wow does it look different than what I'm used to (which still looks excellent).

Now it's going to be even harder to give up my iPad3 in favor of iPad mini. If one iPad gets voted off, it might have to be the mini. But I like its size too.

Wow wow wow. XBMC fans give this build a try.

2. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Are you using an N network? Notice any audio/video sync issues?

3. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

I am using wireless N but its not dual band so I'm sure it kicks back to wireless g since my 3GS is still in use and such. No sync issues in my short time testing it

4. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603