XBMC on apple tv, now what ?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Tainter, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Tainter macrumors member

Ok i have installed the xbmc software n my Apple TV and now i use cyberduck to transfer my movies to the apple tv , works great , but is there an easier way , could i even stream the vidoes from my iMac ? any help is appreciated on how to set this up

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

It's clunky, but you have to use the Sources menu item to navigate your network to the folder where your videos are.

3. Tainter thread starter macrumors member

ok i managed to stream from my public folder on my mac, so if i move a movie in there i can stream it , question is how do i get my movie folder to stream ? also under sources i have a lot of entries now and since there is no right click with an apple remote , how can i get rid of some of the entries or add them? thanks

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

You're reminding me of why I deleted XBMC from my ATV...

5. Tainter thread starter macrumors member

its great cause i can manage to play avi files , now i just need to figure out how to get to my movie folder and how to edit al the entries LOL anybody know if i can rightclock with an apple remote?

6. Tainter thread starter macrumors member

Does anybody know how to delete the source path on the apple tv if you do not have a mouse and are using only the apple remote ?

7. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

I did the same, it is too complex, too many settings....not "Apple-like"

8. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Yeah I got rid of it too, it really defeated the reason to own the ATV, sure it plays avi's but so does my PS3 and better than XBMC did, they look a whole lot better, plus lets face it, H264 is the Future not xvid and Divx.