XBOX 360 audio solution

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by bobbyboulders, Mar 25, 2009.

1. bobbyboulders macrumors regular

bobbyboulders

hey guys,

so im planning to use my monitor with my xbox. i've already asked you guys if that would be fine, and the responses i got were 'yes'...

Now i need to know what i can do for sound, because obviously the monitor does not have built in speakers....

did a quick google search and found these audio dongles...

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/110489-9.jpg

would these do? can i plug in my regular speaker i have at home? better yet, can i plug in my ear buds? (im very low maintenence...)

BTW - I have a Samsung 2232BW:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...=monitors&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS22PEBSFV/XAA

thanks for any help!!

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I assume you're using the HDMI video out on the Xbox 360 to connect to the monitor. My Elite came with an audio dongle like the one in your picture so I could connect it to my 5.1 speakers with an optical audio cable (my older HDTV TV doesn't have any digital audio input/output to carry the audio from the HDMI connection to my speakers... I just mute the TV speakers when using the Xbox :rolleyes: ).

The dongle has a TOSLINK (digital optical) and regular analogue stereo (red/white). If you want to connect it to speakers that have 3.5mm (minijack/headphone connection) you can buy a cheap adapter from Radioshack or somewhere.

3. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

If you are plugging speakers directly to the xbox then they need volume controls

4. bobbyboulders thread starter macrumors regular

bobbyboulders

5. bobbyboulders thread starter macrumors regular

bobbyboulders