Xbox 360 connect to airport express

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by porchivina54, Dec 20, 2008.

1. porchivina54 macrumors newbie

ok so heres the deal.I have my airport extreme upstairs which is providing wireless through my house with a speedstream router plugged into it. downstairs is my tv with my xbox 360. I just bought a aiport express so i can plug my ethernet cable from my xbox into and that will supposedly connect wirelessly to my extreme.

How can i do this?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

set the new express up to join network. make sure "allow ethernet clients" is checked.

If you bought a used B/G one off ebay or elsewhere. this won't work, It's only the newer N version that it will work on.

3. brentsg macrumors 68030

I'm not sure why you would need the N version. I'm quite sure I used to do exactly this with my original express.

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

[​IMG]

5. brentsg macrumors 68030

Ok well after thinking about it... my Series 3 TiVo is on my network utilizing a wired ethernet connection to a release-day B/G Airport Express right now. In fact it has been for at least a year. Main access point to my ISP is via an old Airport Extreme hanging off a router to my DSL device.

So I suspect that if I went down and swung the cable over from the TiVo to the Xbox 360 I'd be on Xbox Live in seconds.

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Hi, I am trying to do the same thing as the OP with my Airport Express (old version), and in order to check it I connect it via ethernet cable my MacBook Pro to the Airport Express (my MBP Airport's WiFi connection is OFF) and I don't see the wired ethernet signal on my macbook pro?
    I'm missing something, what should I do?

Thanks