Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nova0387

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
Ok, So I have a Motorola SBG900 modem/router that I lease from my cable company. For some reason the router part of it makes my NAT settings on my xbox at MODERATE so i always get kicked and can't talk to some friend online. I called my ISP and they told me since I am leasing this modem my IP address changes daily and so port forwarding won't really help me unless I want to go in and change it on a daily basis. They also gave me the number to motorola who i called and the man pretty much assured me he could help me out with this problem but it would cost my $30 >.<. I don't really know what else to do

Is there any way to get around this or should I take this modem back and get a regular modem and a wireless router and this should take care of my problem. I don't really want to pay the 30 because I know if it doesn't fix my problem they're not going to refund me my $30 back. I'll just be SOL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.