Xbox 360 controller !BE CAREFUL!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by floxy31, Sep 15, 2012.

1. floxy31 macrumors newbie

Hi guys !
    I've the new Retina Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion of course and I installed Xbox 360 controller for games but when I turn off the Rmbp, it takes around 10 seconds ! Usually it takes 2 or 3 seconds ! And I'm sure it's due to this driver (other peoples have the same issue).

So I decided to go in Library/PreferencePanes and delete the xbox360controller file. But the problem still there, the driver don't appears on "Preferences" but the macbook takes 10 seconds to turn off.

What can I do ? :(

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

3. floxy31, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

floxy31 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes 100% sure that's the driver, I've nothing on my SSD except this driver and 3-4 games, and that happened when I installed this driver :/ Other persons have the same problem due to this driver. Even when we delete it, some files still subsist I think ... :/ That's very boring to have a macbook which turn off in 10 seconds ...

4. floxy31 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only solution is to re-install the os ? clean install ?

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I have an xbox controller and no problems. I think you are just assuming its the controller when its something else.

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

If you removed what you thought was the problem and it still persists then what you thought was the problem is not the problem.

7. floxy31 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I spoke with other persons who have a retina macbook pro and that's what they told me: they did a clean install of the system, they kept the SSD without nothing inside, the mac turns off in 2-3 seconds, they installed again only the driver and the mac turned off in 15 seconds. So this is clearly the xbox 360 controller driver which cause a problem !