xbox 360 elite putting tv in standby randomly

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by DJ567, Jan 24, 2009.

1. DJ567 macrumors regular

Hi guys

I have been having this problem ever since I got an xbox 360 elite i cant use the hdmi connection which was part of the reason i changed from my original 2 year old premium (yes it was that old and never had a problem ever). Was wondering if anyone else had come across the same issue and had a solution.

The problem is basically that when the xbox is connected via hdmi it will randomly decide to put the tv in standby and then instantly turn it back on again. This happens with my sony tv... and i have a samsung which it simply turns off and i have to turn back on myself. This happens more and more then longer the xbox has been on could be 30 mins before the first time then 10 mins after that then a few minutes after that etc, making it impossible to play. The odd thing is it never affects what the xbox is doing. i.e the xbox appears to have no idea its happening and continues as normal, and it does not happen with any other hdmi device such as the satellite box or ps3, and never happens when the xbox is connected with vga or hd component

I have tried different cables i have tried plugging the hdmi directly into the tv (it is currently connected via an onkyo av receiver) nothing seems to resolve the issue. Does anyone have any idea what it could be.
    thanks

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Buy another 360, see if that works.

A) If it works fine, then its your ELITE
    B) If it doesn't work, I got no idea

if A happens, then return your ELITE, and your new 360, and buy another ELITE.

3. DJ567 thread starter macrumors regular

i really dont know if can be bothered with all that lol... i bought my little brother a standard xbox 360 with hdmi... might just swap the hdds and see if his works as he doesnt have a hdtv... still really annoying, thankfully i dont have to write this on a windows pc or i'd be very unhappy lol