XBOX 360 Fall Dashboard Preview

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfanboy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

I got a system update today, but never received an email. Nothing changed at Microsoft Connect, so I can't tell if this is the preview or if its just a minor update to the current NXE. Does anyone know how to tell whether I'm running the update preview or not?

2. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Can you do the Netflix party thing? I got no update today, so unless you havent been on for a while or something, I'm guessing it's the preview

3. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmm, i was on earlier today, and no update was offered. according to majornelson's twitter, the second wave of updates were sent tonight, but the emails for second waves were sent this morning. Im guessing its the preview, but i'll check to be sure.

EDIT: when i posted this, it was still downloading the update. It just finished updating, and now a new tab named "Xbox Preview" is there. I guess I shouldve waited before coming here :D. delete thread plz

4. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

I heard it was just minor in terms of the look of the new dashboard. New way that friends look in party, something to do w/ netflix. I forget if there is anything else.

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I've had it for a few days, not bad. I wasted $4 leftover Microsoft points on the warthog accessory, I probably won't get anything else on the avatar store, but it's still cool. The other features are nice too, and I love the Netflix update, but there isn't a search feature :\

6. morepower7 macrumors member