Xbox 360 gameplay via mac screen????

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by aj34, Feb 9, 2008.

1. aj34 macrumors newbie

Hi
    Does anybody know how to or if it is even possible to connect an xbox 360 console to a mac and use the screen for gameplay??? and if so is it possible to use the internet source of the mac for xbox live?

thanks

2. Fuzzbear macrumors regular

Fuzzbear

If your talking about an imac i dont think so.. .but for hooking up to a ACD should just use a VGA to DVI adapter..and then get the VGA cable for the 360

3. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

One can only hope that they update the ACDs with a much needed HDMI input.

4. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if you can use the screen without any other hardware. You can use internet sharing to play xbox live via the mac's connection.

5. aj34 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is an imac, and does anybody know where i can found out about this stuff???
    thanks heaps

6. Fuzzbear macrumors regular

Fuzzbear

as far as i know the iMac does not accept any sort of video inputs to allow the use of the screen for anything else (that would be nice if it did) its one of the caveats of using an all in one machine unfortunately

Do the iMac's have a DVI or VGA out? One possibility (and its something I did with my PC) is to purchase a second monitor, one that accepts more than one input. Hook the secondary monitor up to the iMac for dual screen goodness...and use the secondary input on the monitor with the 360 for gaming on occasion.

7. Fuzzbear macrumors regular

Fuzzbear

I went ahead and read the iMac manual... It has NO video INPUTS only a mini DVI OUTPUT jack... so basically unless you do what I said above...theres no way to Input the XBOX 360 into your mac without the use of another monitor. and at that point unless your interested in dual displays, just use a TV

8. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

100% you can play 360 on your iMac

You can totally do this with the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid (only has S-Video or composite input). Getting HD though, I am not sure.
    EDIT: The way I'd do it is to run an 360 to my EyeTV and play it in full screen. I have full confidence that this would be a great setup.

9. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I don't know if it would be worth the effort. Elgato mentions that some game wont work, and of the ones that do you will only be able to play in 480i. IMHO, we all know 480i looks like butt and no one should be using the HD consoles at anything less than 720p.

10. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Depends on where the OP is from. If he's in the US he should be ok (we use NTSC and not PAL). All in all, I'm stating it is possible as opposed to a majority of people in this thread not knowing how to do it. And yes, I stated that HD input wouldn't be possible. Though HDTV is very nice on my 24" iMac.

I agree with using a TV, and not the Mac.

11. aj34 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks alot everyone..
    does anybody have xbox live.. i just got it its awesome