Xbox 360 Headsets

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tjb1, May 11, 2011.

1. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Anyone recommend a good headset (preferably wireless) in the <$100 range.

No more Tritton, I have the AX180 and I had to buy a parts set off ebay to keep them working because they snapped and the 720s are about $80 more.

Been looking all over amazon and the X31s look nice and have good reviews - $79
    Also, seen the Razor Chimaera which looks awesome but they are pricey at $107 with not so many reviews, cnet said to stay away.
    The X11s also looked decent but I dont really want wired anymore with the way our dorm room is setup.

Also found while searching that the new cable for the Slim 360 blocks the HDMI connection so how do you get composite sound and HDMI video, are you all using the cheap adapters off amazon/ebay or 3.5 from the tv? My tv doesnt have RCA outputs so thats a no go but it does have the 3.5. Toslink would be an option but I have no idea how to connect it to the headphones.

Thanks!

2. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

If I were you I'd grab a pair of 720s, I wouldn't buy a wireless headset cuz they break easily, but the 720s have some of the best quality, just under the Astros.

3. tjb1 thread starter macrumors 68000

The Tritton 720s? If they are anything like the 180s I would never buy Tritton again, I was very careful with my 180s and they broke right where they went into the ear pieces, the right side broke completely and the left side was cracked. Went in search on ebay for a set to get pieces from and the one I got was damn near unusable because it was also cracking in the same spots.