Xbox 360 into iMac Pal 60

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sk8mash, Dec 25, 2008.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Hi

I bought eyetv Hybrid in anticipation of plugging my xbox 360 that I got today into my iMac. The Elgato sight said it would support the xbox 360, so I thought there would be no problem! But when I hook it up today, I find out the eyetv can only support pal 50. The things is, pretty much all xbox 360 games are pal 60 only. So atm I cant use the console with my iMac as the screen.

i don't wanna have to buy a 24" tv or PC monitor just for the xbox, so does anyone know of a way to get a pal 60 input for an iMac?

Any help greatly appreciated!

2. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Dont worry, I bought a 22" display instead. would still be interested to know if I have wasted my money or not though. Is it possible to get a pal 60 input into an iMac?

3. mooiemcmoo macrumors newbie

What happened when you tried to use pal 60?

I tried plugging my Xbox 360 into my Eyetv Hybrid and i could get sound but no picture. I was using Pal 60.

Should I change to Pal 50 and try that. Please can someone view and reply to my thread with this problem on:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=623207

Thank you very much,
    mooiemcmoo

4. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

If i put it on pla 60 it had no video but just sound. That might be your problem. Setup up your xbox on another tv using pal 50. This doesnt solve the problem anyway. As far as I can find out, eyetv is useless for 360 games.