Xbox 360 lag??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PaladinScott, Jun 1, 2012.

1. PaladinScott, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

PaladinScott macrumors newbie

Hey guys I just made a new account on this website so im not sure if im posting this in the right area, but I am using my xbox 360 on a SANYO DP52440 LCD 1080p tv and There is a delay between when i do sometihng on my controller and then what happens on the tv. I couldnt find any game mode, help please?:confused:

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

it probably has to do with your internet connection, not your xbox or tv. Is your xbox using a wireless adapter or ethernet connection?

3. PaladinScott thread starter macrumors newbie

no i dont even have it plugged in

----------

its with anygame on xbox live or not, theres a delay between the controller and tv

4. lostless macrumors 6502

The TV may just have poor input lag. Can't do anything about it. Input lag, not to be confused with response time, is the time it takes for the video signal to get processed by computer in the monitor and finally display on the screen. All LCDs have some input lag. the best LCDs still have at least 1 frame of lag. 1/60 of a second.
    Looking up that model, seems that many people are having noticeable input lag, so theres probably not much you can do and is just a bad TV for games. Try turning off the 120Hz mode. That adds more lag as the TV has to analyze a few frames to smooth out the motion, and see if that helps at all.

5. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

This nailed it. Sorry I didnt quite get the OP

6. PaladinScott thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks very much, but i dont quite know how to turn off the 120 hz mode, sorry i know nothing of technology lol