Xbox 360... Music editing?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by nylock10, Dec 5, 2007.

1. nylock10 macrumors regular

I thought this was pretty funny:

I was talking to one of my friends about video games, and he said I should sell my iMac and buy an Xbox 360 because Xbox 360's do "more". He said I wasted my money on an iMac because Xbox 360's are only $300 (not counting 1: Games, 2: Xbox Live service, 3: Extra controllers, 4: Video camera, 5: the TV itself, etc).

I told him I don't play very many video games anymore (busy with school, sports, and music). I told him that I didn't just buy my iMac for games, I bought it for editing and recording music to help me someday when I do that professionally. He replied "Xbox 360s can do that too, and they have internet. Ha, what now."

WTF?

What kind of stories do you guys have about people saying stuff like that? Sometimes I find it pretty insulting that I go through a lot of work to make things and have someone come along and say that I wasted my money on it..

2. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

he may refer to running linux on 360, which idk is possible. tho, linux is on everything nowadays.

but, i'd say you're best off with both :D

3. nylock10 thread starter macrumors regular

Nah, I asked him about Linux and he didn't know what it was.

By wasting money on my iMac, he also meant that computers in general are a waste of money because you can "do it all on a console"... wouldn't that just make a console a computer (which it pretty much already is, just some I/O and software limitations).