xbox 360 on 20 inch ACD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by csd32, Sep 30, 2007.

1. csd32 macrumors newbie

So I just got a 20 inch apple cinema display. How can I hook up an xbox 360 to this thing? DVI to HDMI? I don't know anything about converters and adapters. Thanks.

2. Peligro macrumors newbie

Peligro

I have my 360 & my mac pro hooked up to Gefen's HD Mate Scaler. Works great!

3. csd32 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't really under stand why it takes a 400 dollar product to manage this. Can some one explain why there isn't just a HDMI to DVI adapter? Or an HD component to DVI adapter? These things exist--why don't they work with an ACD?

4. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

The ACDs only take digital signals. Unless you have a 360 with an HDMI, you won't be able to connect it without an expensive box.

DVI can carry analog signals, with the 4 pins surrounding the long horizontal pins. If you take a look at your ACD connection, you will notice those missing. What that means is that anything from analog to digital (component, vga, etc) will not work as the pins for an analog signal just aren't there.

So again, if you don't have a 360 with an HDMI port, you are out of luck, at least in terms of a cheap solution.

5. LekeFly macrumors newbie

I have a xbox with HDMI.. So how do i connect it then?