Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dany M

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Earth
All I need is the mini dvi to vga cable right and i can use mt mac as a monitor right.

Iv heard the mini dvi on the back is only video out, so that mean i can NOT connect to the 360, is there a way for it to work??

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
I've looked into this for my PS3 and to my knowledge there is no hi def solution. The elegato will do composite which is only 480.

I've been looking at the slingbox which is a different kind of device but has high def inputs and might be able to be used for that purpose.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I've looked into this for my PS3 and to my knowledge there is no hi def solution. The elegato will do composite which is only 480.

I've been looking at the slingbox which is a different kind of device but has high def inputs and might be able to be used for that purpose.

yes, the elegato products won't do HD. maybe there is something that will, but i don't know of anything.

you might just be better buying another monitor with VGA inputs

IBitePrettyHard

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
Xbox 360 on iMac

All I need is the mini dvi to vga cable right and i can use mt mac as a monitor right.

Iv heard the mini dvi on the back is only video out, so that mean i can NOT connect to the 360, is there a way for it to work??

Even if you get a conversion method to work, you will have to consider the latency or response time it causes. If you play a lot of Halo or Gears of War, you'll probably find it much harder to get kills in those games. If you play games more like Forza 2 or Bioshock (no multiplayer), then you might be able to cope with it.

That being said, you could check out EyeTV. There are a few Youtube videos of people playing their Xbox 360s on their Macs. However the picture probably won't be as good, and you have the response time issue to consider as well.

PM me if you figure anything out...I've been trying desperately to hook my 360 to my new 24" iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.