Xbox 360 on my MBPro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by poyan, Jan 5, 2008.

1. poyan macrumors newbie

Hello, i am new to the mac world just got my mbp after a lifetime of ignoring the hype but once i got it i realize this was meant for desgners such as i.. but anyways QUESTION!
    i have a xbox 360.. i would like to use my screen from my laptop to play wondering if anyone has had a try at this.

THANKS!:)

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

This was just discussed on the forum in the last couple days. There's no video in on Macs, so you're left with something like EyeTV to bring in the video, but by all reports, it kinda sucks.

3. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

yeah any kind of video in and you will have lag so it's not worth playing games on laptop screens.

heh! i orginally thought this was gonna be another internet sharing thread :p

4. poyan thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about the double threading, i did a few searchs and couldnt find anything. Thanks it seems like such a great alternative for when my girl wanted the tv... hhmm maybe ill by a small lcd and to the vga in

5. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

yeah that's a good idea and i'm thinking the same as you. looking for a 15" lcd tv with a component and vga hookups so i can put it in my gf's son's room for a computer and his ps2. they can be had for around $100 on ebay. i'm just trying to be one of the lucky ones :p

6. poyan thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i solved the problem just got a 46" 1080p lcd for the living room and taking my 32" lcd for my extra monitor.

7. irishguy1 macrumors newbie

eyetv works without any lag on xbox 360, ive tested it.