Xbox 360 playing on a macbook pro 13 inch display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gtm1260, Dec 23, 2009.

1. gtm1260 macrumors newbie

gtm1260

Ok guys, i have a question. Say I set up my xbox with a component to minidisplay port adapter and plugged the mini display port into my macbook pro 13 inch, could i use the moniter as a dsplay for my xbox.

I currently don't have an hd tv in my dorm and i like the display on my macbook and would like to use it.

Also, would it be possible to buy something like an hdmi to firewire 800 and then use the firewire port on my macbook for the video in. Even though the mini displayport is an output, will it make a difference.

I am also interested in buying a capture device and using that with the usb port on my mac, but i have heard that the latancy is really bad and you don't get to play at the full resolution. Any help would be apreciated a lot, thanks :D:apple:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Im fairly certain that this is the only one out of the 3 you mentioned that will work. But it will be utterly terrible, and definitely NOT playable. I have searched and searched and searched for ways to do this, and it seems that there is just no way. The usb in for a tv tuner is perfect, but not for anything else.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.