Xbox 360 Question

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by FadeToBlack, Dec 29, 2007.

1. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I just got a new 360 and it's not connected to the internet right now. (I'm switching to Verizon DSL and they are gonna be sending me a wireless modem) I'm using an offline profile right now, but I do have an old Xbox LIVE gamertag that I'm gonna use once I get online. What I wanna know is, is it possible to use my offline game save (Forza 2) with my LIVE gamertag once I get it back online? I'm just wondering because I don't wanna get really far in the game and then not be able to use that game save once I get my gamertag back. FWIW, I made my offline profile the same name as my LIVE gamertag.

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

I don't think the live id is connected to the game in that way. The live id is just there so you can connect to matches online or use their store.

3. FadeToBlack thread starter macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Hopefully, that's the case. I guess we'll see once I get it online. I won't really mind having to play it over, since I love this game. Just figured I'd ask, though, to make sure.

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

By the way, xbox live is experiencing lots of trouble. This includes making new accounts so it may be a while.

5. FadeToBlack thread starter macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Yeah, I actually had my Xbox connected via internet sharing on my iMac yesterday and when I tried to access my account, it wouldn't let me. Hopefully, they'll get the issues sorted out.