Xbox 360 slim and airport wireless problems.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by beatnikdave, Feb 17, 2011.

1. beatnikdave macrumors newbie

Here is my situation, I have a fios wireless router/modem with the wireless radio disabled. I have an previous gen airport extreme "N" broadcasting a 2.4ghz n/b/g signal connected to the wan port on the fios router/modem. Then I have an airport express "N" broadcasting a 5ghz "n" only signal connected to the airport extreme. So I have 2 wireless networks running 2 different signals and both have their own network name. Everything I have connected to wireless works fine, PS3, Apple TV, 2 Macbooks, iMac, iPhone. The only thing that doesn't work is the new Xbox? It actually connected to the 2.4ghz n/b/g signal and said your Xbox is connected to the internet but can't connect to Xbox live? WTF?:mad: Any help or insight would be appreciated.

2. tesseract4d macrumors newbie

might be a port issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

I had my airport behind another router in the past and had it setup as passthough. Not sure if that matters but it might if the airport is accepting the uPnP/NAT-PMP and open the ports on itself instead of on your externally facing router.

Don't have the airport any more so I can't help with the specific options I had set.

3. cyclekarl macrumors newbie

xbox live

Well I can't share my xbox 360 slim with my mac using cables,but it works when I go to friends and use their wireless networks and neither virgin media or microsoft have an answer,I can have either one online,but not both.