Xbox 360 Slim to 2011 iMac 21.5" ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MicroCuts327, Oct 19, 2011.

1. MicroCuts327 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I haven't posted around here much, so if this is in the wrong spot please let me know and i'll repost in the appropriate area.

So I got the 2011 iMac 21.5" computer shortly after it came out. I've also got the 360 Slim (4GB model if that matters) and I'm quite interested in using my iMac screen to play my 360 games. I've looked into this but 90% of the time i get results for the 27" iMac. Also early on it was known that at the time there was no way to do this. Has this changed? I've seen the KanexXD bit, but that hasn't been updated yet to include the iMac model I'm using.

If there are methods of doing this that don't cost me anything, obviously, thats higher priority. I'm open to all options, i want to know whats out there, so any help in getting solid answers would be much appreciated. Thanks guys =]

-MicroCuts327

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

There won't be a method that doesn't cost you anything. I'm not 100% that the 21" even supports display in. I know the older models didn't, but the 2011 may.

What you would be looking at is something like the Kanex adapter, but more expensive when it comes out. I wouldn't expect it to cost less than $200 or $250, in which case, it would make more sense to just go buy a TV that would be bigger than the iMac.

3. MicroCuts327 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

If it worked on the blackbook it would work on the iMac. I would give it a shot :)