Xbox 360 streaming

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Magnus39000, May 25, 2011.

1. Magnus39000, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011

Magnus39000 macrumors newbie

Hi! I want to stream movies from my iMac (summer 2010) to my new Xbox 360 slim 250gb. I use Connect 360 for the streaming part. Earlier i used TVmobili but it stopped functioning.
    For the conversion part from mkv I currently use Vivica's AnyVideoToXbox convertert. (can be found in app store) (If annother program, I needs one who keeps the same quality)
    My problem:
    I get an error message when I try to play of movies from the xbox. My collection of How I met your mother in the same formats, codecs etc function very well.
    Examples:
    How I met your mother: http://pastie.org/pastes/1972629
    I am legend: http://pastie.org/pastes/1972625
    Any help would be really appriciated! :)

2. lythium macrumors member

3. zooforce macrumors newbie

2 channel audio only

i Am legend has ac3 5.1 audio . The xbox wont recognize it. use handbrake to convert its fast and free. :)

4. Magnus39000 thread starter macrumors newbie

2 channel audio only
    i Am legend has ac3 5.1 audio . The xbox wont recognize it. use handbrake to convert its fast and free.

Will the xbox accept AAC?
    Will it change quality?

5. DoghouseMike macrumors regular

Vuze is another option. It'll stream to xbox (maybe PS3 too?), and handle all the required converting if the vid isn't in a compatible format already

6. zooforce macrumors newbie

2 ch audio

If its a straight MKv with no subtitles use Quicktime with Perian.
    Load up the movie and choose export Mpeg4 option... in the video option select PASSTHROUGH and in the audio selection choose AAC 128 ... Then export should take 10 min at most. You need Quicktime Pro to do this.

7. Magnus39000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using handbrake but it tells me the output ress will be 1920 x 796, the input is 1920 x 1080, how to change it?

8. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

Vuze works well, but my wifi network can't handle streaming HD content (though SD works fine). YMMV.

9. Magnus39000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Which RF setting to use for 1080p and maintain the quality?
    Maybe 20 or 16? :=)

10. prograham macrumors member

prograham

I'm going to have disagree here. I bought rivet over a year ago, and while at first it was awesome and easy, since then the technical support has all but disappeared and for many people rivet will simply not work with the xbox360 anymore because of updates to the console. I highly advise buying the product, and at best I think you should try a trial version if they still offer one.

If you do buy it.. just know that now all forums are on google here ( http://groups.google.com/group/rivet-beta-users?pli=1 ) but good luck getting any of the three developers to answer you.

11. alexjholland, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011

alexjholland macrumors 6502

alexjholland

Hey Buddy, there is just one excellent program you need to stream to your XBox 360 and PS3 - it's called 'Playback', by 'Yazsoft'.

http://www.yazsoft.com/products/playback/

I did quite a bit of research, took a demo of this and happily paid for the full version. It costs something like £15 and works flawlessly for streaming any of my media libraries (mainly 720p/5.1 encoded XVid movies) to both my PS3 and XBox 360.

12. dj-anon macrumors member

dj-anon

Playback also supports your iTunes, iPhoto and Aperture library. It has a tool for converting mkv to mp4. Definitely the best option for Mac.

13. jldume macrumors newbie

I may have to buckle down and just buy one of these programs. Otherwise, It's handbrake conversions --> usb drive for me on all my shows lol.