Xbox 360 to 23" Apple Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by auhlixer, Jun 29, 2009.

1. auhlixer macrumors regular

Been trying to find a way to game on my 23" (acrylic) ACD but it has been kinda hard since it has the adc connector.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

2. jason221 macrumors 6502

You can buy a VGA cable for your Xbox, but since the Apple displays do not have VGA inputs (correct me if I'm wrong), you can't do it unless there's some sort of adapter that accepts a VGA input. Your best bet is a computer monitor that does have a VGA input. The Samsung monitors are pretty nice and much less expensive than the Apple ones.

3. auhlixer thread starter macrumors regular

I have the adc to dvi apple adapter and the xbox 360 vga but nothing happens when i turn the 360 on. I just got this 23" acd on the cheap so just trying to do with it that i can.

4. jason221 macrumors 6502

I don't know how to help any further. I went through something similar awhile back, though. I had this DVI to VGA adapter that plugged into my iMac. Not knowing that it was an output, I bought a Xbox VGA cable and plugged it into the adapter. When I turned the Xbox on, nothing happened. Only then did I realize that iMacs don't have a display input port. Only an output, unfortunately.

5. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Get an HDMI or DVI cable for the xbox (if you get HDMI, get the DVI adaptor too), and then a DVI to ADC adaptor (apple sells them for $99)..
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/M8661LL/B

Since the ADC interface supplies power, that $99 brick is really mandatory for anything that doesn't use ADC!

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

7. auhlixer thread starter macrumors regular

Already have the apple adc to dvi

8. auhlixer thread starter macrumors regular

9. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

You do know that you can buy a brand new 23 in lcd with hdmi inputs for less than the price of the hdmate. You have to be insane to buy that adapter over a new display. That acrylic acd is too old anyway by modern standards.

You should check out this display and ditch your old one:

Newegg has a 23 in lcd for $159 after rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rgains&cm_mmc=AFC-Bensbargains-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

10. jdm111 macrumors regular