Xbox 360 to host on demand TV in mid 2008

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Cromulent, Jan 9, 2008.

1. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

it sounds good ill have to have a look at it when it comes out tho before i buy it :eek:

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Interesting at least for those with good connections. I fear my 1.5mbps connection will be too slow, but will wait and see :)

3. adrake86 macrumors regular

I wish my game console (360) would focus on games instead of lurking off into making it a tivo. :cool:

4. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

The 360 just keeps getting better and better. I've been rocking the divx since the update. It's incredible. I plug my 500 gig HDD into the 360 and watch all my movies and shows. It is saaaawwwweeeeeeeeeet.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

"As well as access to BT's library of on-demand content, users will also be able to watch hundreds of movies and other digital content, including its near-live FA premier League football matches. ... "The reason for streaming only on the Xbox is because currently the console does not have the capability for live TV or enough hard drive for practical downloading of content," explained a BT spokesman."

http://kotaku.com/343026/set+top-xbox-not-able-to-receive-or-record-live-tv

Bummer, no PVR functions...and it's UK only no?

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think this might work. With BT behind it they're pretty much good to go. It's just speeds in rural areas that need fixing. I don't like how the max our internet can go is 1.5mbps whilst half a mile down the road they're getting 21mbps. That's the kind of speed needed for this service.

edit: oh wait, it sounds like Virgin Media but without live TV. Still a nice service for some TV highlights. Plus if they team up with the BBC and get the iPlayer on there...

7. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Shame they partnered with BT, I certainly wont be bothering.

8. Cromulent thread starter macrumors 603

Cromulent

I would assume it is UK only. As you say shame about the lack of recording ability.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^Maybe now they have a reason for the 'Ultimate' rumors. Add those extra little features (bigger HDD, tuner )