Xbox 360 to reach sub-$200 level? (only by a buck though)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Aug 3, 2008.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

http://kotaku.com/5032449/proof-of-the-199-xbox-360-rumor

Granted, it's for the arcade (aka. 'tard' pack) but still, wow. A mere $70 more than a PS2 and $50 cheaper than a Wii.

Like the article states, it makes Rock Band II much more appealing for those who will buy systems just for it (like many have bought Wii's for Rock Band/Guitar Hero).

Seems like MS is being really aggressive, I guess being outsold worldwide for a few months in a row is finally getting them to lower the damn price.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well they are trying everything else.....I'm surprised the MS team is not handing them out on the streets just to get the jump on Sony.

Whats the big loss on MS end though....how much is the 360 to make now a days?

Its a good deal for the casual gamer that just wants a quick fix.

Bless

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

the article says $140 to $180 depending on the model for MS production cost. If that's true, then MS will at least be breaking even.

This will put even more heat on Sony if MS sales spike for a while, especially going into xmas. $400 PS3 or $200 360? which one will mommy buy for Timmy when the Wii is still sold out?

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was surprised to see the 360 Pro going for £179 in Costco. That's the same price as a Wii here. £150 for the Arcade. It's still $300 when directly converted but here that's getting really cheap. Hell it's only £20 more than a PSP (which doesn't come with a memory stick).

Should be a fun Xmas. Nintendo can afford to cut the price but God help them if they do. They're still not easy to find here.
    PS3 really does need a price drop here. Not another bundle with some old games - a simple price drop to £250 to match the Xbox Elite.