Xbox 360 wired controller won't connect

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SundayDuffer, Jul 14, 2011.

1. SundayDuffer, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Hey guys,

I need advices. XBox 360 wired controller won't connect.
    I have a 3.4ghz i7 27in 2011. I installed the latest version 0.10.dmg of the driver downloaded from tattiebogle.net. Xbox Preferences Pane doesn't see the controller. I have tried and tried. Rebooted after i installed the driver every time, but still failed.

What am i doing wrong? Can you help? Thankyou.

I have googled, and searched within the forum. There was a patch for Snow Leopard running 0.07.dmg, but this was only for 32bit. I did try that patch using terminal command, and of course...it failed. I am now back with the latest version, but still...no go.

Any tricks to get this work?

btw, the usb sees it finely...but it is now in charging mode only.

2. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

"...charging mode only."? Wired Xbox controllers don't have a "charging mode" Are you sure you're not just trying to connect a wireless controller using a play and charge kit? Because, if you are, that will not work.

3. SundayDuffer thread starter macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

hmmm..im not sure i understand what you said.

the controller i have is a microsoft made. I am currently using it for my XBox360. It does work as wireless. It does not use AA batteries. It came with its own battery and a usb cable that charges it.

What do you mean by xbox controllers dont have a charging mode? How do you re-juice the battery? Dont you plug the usb to either a xbox console or computer to charge the battery?

i see what youre saying now...i might need one of those wireless dongle. thx.

4. biohead macrumors 6502

You need a WIRED Xbox 360 controller.

A wireless controller connected through USB only gets the power from the usb supply. It doesn't send data through the USB cable.

Example: YES - no batteries at all

Example: NO - require batteries

5. SundayDuffer thread starter macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Thankyou.

6. Mirrors macrumors member

I have a wired madcatz xbox 360 controller and it doesn't work. All 4 lights on the controller light up but that's about it.