Xbox 360 wireless controller driver questions

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I have no idea where to put this topic. Basically, i found the driver for the 360 controller and downloaded it. I know it is meant to be used for gaming, but I am really interested to know if you can use it as a mouse/shortcut device outside of games. Map the triggers to be right and left clicks, and have the ABXY buttons do expose, dashboard, front row, etc. Is there any way to do this?
BTW, i have no idea how to use the driver, so forgive me if i have no idea what i am doing :D

dorman1979

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2009
I downloade the driver and all but i cant get the wireless adapter to do anything. No light or anything???
Any Idea
Do I have a bunk adapter?

Chrome Dragon

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2009
Since 10.5.6 or so, this driver hasn't worked for me (wired 360 controller). Won't even show up in the control panel.

Anyone got any ideas? Driver hacks? 0.08?

Kyuugoki

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2009
Coquitlam; BC, Canada
Since 10.5.6 or so, this driver hasn't worked for me (wired 360 controller). Won't even show up in the control panel.

Anyone got any ideas? Driver hacks? 0.08?
Me, too. I just bought a wired xbox 360 controller so I could fully enjoy epsxe and Legend of Dragoon. Unfortunately, the last couple updates seems to have rendered the only driver inoperable.

Colossus

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2008
Since 10.6 the driver from Tattiebogle hasn't worked 100% for me. I might have an outdated kext file of an old App somewhere. This drive makes BioShock freeze within 5 minutes of playing. Any ideas to correct this driver problem?:cool: