Xbox 360 wireless controller driver questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by steamboat26, Sep 5, 2007.

1. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I have no idea where to put this topic. Basically, i found the driver for the 360 controller and downloaded it. I know it is meant to be used for gaming, but I am really interested to know if you can use it as a mouse/shortcut device outside of games. Map the triggers to be right and left clicks, and have the ABXY buttons do expose, dashboard, front row, etc. Is there any way to do this?
    BTW, i have no idea how to use the driver, so forgive me if i have no idea what i am doing :D

2. mistermaker macrumors newbie

dude, if you find out let me know, cos id love to know too.

3. eduo macrumors member

I guess you know, but using the Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver and the XBox 360 Open Source drivers for Mac this can be done, not only for the controllers but also for other wireless adapters.

http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

The only thing still in the works is the chatpad.

4. dorman1979 macrumors newbie

I downloade the driver and all but i cant get the wireless adapter to do anything. No light or anything???
    Any Idea
    Do I have a bunk adapter?

5. Chrome Dragon macrumors newbie

Since 10.5.6 or so, this driver hasn't worked for me (wired 360 controller). Won't even show up in the control panel.

Anyone got any ideas? Driver hacks? 0.08?

6. Kyuugoki macrumors newbie

Me, too. I just bought a wired xbox 360 controller so I could fully enjoy epsxe and Legend of Dragoon. Unfortunately, the last couple updates seems to have rendered the only driver inoperable.

7. Colossus macrumors member

Since 10.6 the driver from Tattiebogle hasn't worked 100% for me. I might have an outdated kext file of an old App somewhere. This drive makes BioShock freeze within 5 minutes of playing. Any ideas to correct this driver problem?:cool: