XBOX 360 Wireless Controller

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by ibanana, Dec 4, 2008.

1. ibanana macrumors 6502

Hi Guys

Just bought GTAIV and find it unplayable with keyboard and mouse. I would like to buy the XBOX360 wireless controller but have a couple of questions

- How does the wireless controller works? is there something to plug in the USB port ? is it included with the controller?

- Is it a good controller?

Thanks !

2. ibanana thread starter macrumors 6502

why this has moved? this is not related to console game

3. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Might as well answer while it's here :)

The wireless controller works fine but you need to buy the 360 Wireless Adapter for PC separately for about $20, the wired version can be plugged right in the USB port.

It's a great controller, very comfortable and very nice feeling of the sticks, the triggers, the bumpers and the buttons. The only thing that sucks (and I really mean SUCK) is the D-Pad which is worse than some generic controller d-pads, it's inaccurate, spongy and sucks for situations that call for a fast and precise response (DMC4, 2D fighters/platforms, etc) but you don't use the d-pad much in GTA IV so that won't be a problem.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's not a console question :)

But yea. You'll have to buy a wireless USB dongley thing and the Wireless controller. You don't get the dongle with the controller unfortunately.
    You can buy the wired one too. No worries over battery life, it's lighter and cheaper - if you don't mind the cable.

Yes :) it's a very good controller. Very high quality.

5. Fatal Darkness macrumors newbie

That's not entirely true. If you buy the XBOX 360 wireless controller for windows (red box), it does include the USB wireless receiver.

However, if you already own an XBOX 360 console with the wireless controller, you can save yourself money by just purchasing the XBOX wireless gaming receiver, as Chone mentioned above.

Also, this being a Mac forum, you can get an (unofficial) OS X HID driver for the controller here: http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

6. ibanana thread starter macrumors 6502

7. RockUrConscious macrumors newbie

Pairing Problems

okae, i hooked it up find, but how do i get the controller to emulate the functions of a mouse?

8. dorman1979 macrumors newbie

so i have the microsoft wireless adapter plugged into the usb and I downloaded the driver from above but, it seems the adapter is not doing anything the controller is not showing up and there is no light on the adapter??????? Any Ideas?