Xbox 360 wireless interference

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by upsguy27, Jan 1, 2010.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I just got a new Xbox 360, and I have it hooked up to the monitor next to my Mac. Whenever I turn it on, my wireless Logitech mouse will freeze at random times. Like, it will work fine for ten seconds, freeze for one, then continue working fine for ten seconds, etc. Same with my wireless keyboard. And my magic mouse. It seems like the 360 is disrupting both bluetooth and IR signals when it's on. This has never happened to me before, and I've had a 360 for years... is there any way to stop this?

2. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

3. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Great... everything on my 360 is the latest it can be. How can I fix this? I can only have my computer or my 360 on at one time, but not both.

4. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

One idea come to mind:
    [​IMG]

Drop it in a faraday cage.

I didnt say it was a good idea. ;)

5. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Sounds perfect. ;)

6. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Never mind, it's not my 360... it's the stupid Mac OS. Even using a wired mouse causes the same thing to happen. Weirdly, when I boot into Vista the mouse is perfectly fine. Anyone know what's wrong with OS X?

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Holy crap. I think this thread just solved 6 weeks of wireless interference insanity after I brought my 360 home from college for christmas break. Funny thing is that it has been dead with a red ring for 3 weeks but sitting under the TV plugged in. I just unplugged it and the problems literally went away instantly...plugging it back in stopped a download dead.

Gooooooooooooooooooooo Microsoft!

8. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Haha, glad I could help.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I have my 360 and my mini next to eachother with wireless keyboard mighty and magic mice with no issues what so ever. :s

10. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

UPDATE: I found out what the problem is. It's my external display. When I have it connected to my iMac, it makes the mouse jump. The weird thing is, if I have it plugged in on Vista (on Boot Camp) the mouse will work fine. And if the monitor is on but not plugged in and I'm booted in OS X, the mouse will be fine as well. Anybody know why this is happening? I need to use my second monitor.