Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Exist2Inspire

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Is it possible to connect an Xbox 360 to an iMac and use the display as a...well, display? If so how would it work, and where can I get the equipment!?

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Please! Focking search the forums! There's been 400 threads on this.

The answer is no. The iMac does not have a video in, and though you can get it one with a FireWire device, it is way too slow, and the 360 can't connect to FireWire.

Please, wasteland this.

Exist2Inspire

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Really sorry! Didn't think to search :(

EyeTV unfortunately doesn't support HD gaming :( And the reviews that I've read don't say too much good. That's a shame really. Have to stick to my 13" ***** TV in my room :(

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
eyeTV, and Josias: DEEP ANGER! just chill! It's not like the macrumors search function is good anyways!

*cough - points to sig - cough*

Sorry, I am just displeased with actions seeming ignorant to me.:p

BTW, sorry Exist. I'm the one saying sorry. It doesn't say anywhere to search the forums. Yeah well, incase you ever want a cheap, good TV for 360, I would recommend the 28" Prosonic 28T47N Silver. I love it, and though it's not HD or LCD/Plasma, it looks so damn sweet. ;)

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
I've actually tried MRoogle before *cough, wheeze* and it's so dumb. anyone can put site:forums.macrumors.com @ the end of a google search! using this I COULDN'T find this thread. sorry it just doesn't work :D

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, it's poo, but better than the forum search feature.

Anyhoo, unfortunately the iMac doesn't have a video in (which is why I'm getting an ACD:D ).

Just so you know, teh 360 cannot connect to an ACD.:p

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Aggreed :D WHy is eyeTV not good for games?

Because it is made for light TV recording, not advanced High definition through put, also USB or FW (I forget which one it connects through), are really too slow for any kind of video output from the 360, and will in no way support the iMac display.;)

2Shae

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2006
I do think that Elgato is working on a device to connect a xbox 360 or PS3 to an iMac simple because it's asked so much so there is a market for it.

BTW I also want to connect my xbox 360 to my 24" iMac and in HD so I can get rid of my 55cm big silver box tv :rolleyes:

Exist2Inspire

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
I do think that Elgato is working on a device to connect a xbox 360 or PS3 to an iMac simple because it's asked so much so there is a market for it.

BTW I also want to connect my xbox 360 to my 24" iMac and in HD so I can get rid of my 55cm big silver box tv :rolleyes:

You're not 2Shae88 from YouTube by any chance are you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.