xbox and cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wingate.white, Aug 16, 2012.

1. wingate.white macrumors newbie

So I have my xbox 360 and I'd like to play it on my cinema display (20 inch, DVI connection). I know very little about displays apparently because i got a HDMI to DVI and the physical connection is all fine and dandy but the power light blinks 3 times on the display indicating an incompatible signal coming in (I think) and I've tried all the settings on the xbox. Is there some quick fix I'm not seeing?

2. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

DVI doesnt handle sound. how are you getting sound, do you have speakers? You might have to do somehting on the xbox to say you dont want sound on your HDMI cable, perhaps the Cinema Display is confused because of it.

3. wingate.white thread starter macrumors newbie

I was going to, once I get the display working for sure, go and get another cable that'll let me hook up a turtle beach to it instead of audio through HDMI. I'll try turning off sound options tonight when I get home.

4. wingate.white thread starter macrumors newbie

tried to disable audio, there wasnt a setting for it. it's definitely sending audio through HDMI though, this is extremely aggravating. any other ideas?

5. Braniff747SP macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

Don't know how XBoxes work... Can you plug some speakers or something else so it sends sound out that way and won't try to send it to the display?

6. wingate.white thread starter macrumors newbie

looks like thats my next test. Normally the RCA cables or the HDMI plugs in but my friends have it set up with this cable that pulls just audio from RCA to go into a gaming headset and then the HDMI pulls the video. They were able to just plug and play, even without the audio. They were using dell displays though