Xbox cannot see ReadyNas- SO FRUSTRATING!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Punkwaffle, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

Hi,

I'm having a hell of a time getting my Readynas Duo to stream content to my Xbox 360. I cannot even see it on the xbox.
    Here's my setup:

AT&T router-----ethernet cable---->Airport Extreme------ethernet cable------->ReadyNas Duo

I have both the Airport Extreme and the ReadyNas configured to be in DMZ mode via the system setup on the at&t router. if you're wondering why I'm using 2 routers, its because the airport supports 802.11N and gigabit ethernet. I do have the ReadyDLNA streaming service turned on.

The xbox cannot see the readynas downstairs. It's plugged in via ethernet to the STB (set top box) by the TV. It does get an internet connection, but not able to stream media. It did display the ReadyNas under PCs once for about a second.

What am I not doing correctly?

Thanks.

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Not sure this'll help ...
    On the A/Extreme, have you turned off "Distribute IP addresses?" This turns off router functions, and makes the Extreme a Wireless Access Point & switch for ethernet.

3. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm a little confused about how your XBOX 360 is connected.

I understand that you have an Airport Extreme and your ReadyNAS is attached to it. How does your XBOX 360 connect?

To troubleshoot, I would take your XBOX 360 upstairs and plug the ethernet on it directly into the Airport Extreme. If it can see the ReadyNAS, then there's something wrong with how you have it connected when it's near your TV. If not, then the ReadyNAS and/or Airport Extreme likely have some settings that need to be tweaked.

Let me know if it works when you move the 360 upstairs and plug it directly into the same device that the ReadyNAS is plugged into.

4. Punkwaffle thread starter macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

Got it working. Apparently the readynas takes about 45 minutes for it to fully scan the network to make ReadyDLNA connections. wish that was documented somewhere.

5. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl