Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firestormbravo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
Indiana
I have a 2009 MacBook with a 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB of RAM and USB 2.0 and I have been trying to get my MacBook to connect with an old original XBOX controller. A friend of mine modified the controller to work with both the XBOX and with a USB cable. He has tried the controller on his PC and has been successful in connecting it for gaming, e.g. COD4. I, on the other hand, have had a problem. Ever since Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion came out, backwards compatibility seems to have been drastically effected. I have tried numerous drivers, including GamePad Companion, Xbox 360 Controllers, and the very basic driver software XBOX HID Driver. I even resorted to USB Overdrive. Pretty much everything I have found on the Internet is outdated--in fact, most of it uses 32-bit programming.

I was wondering if anyone on the forums was successful in connecting their XBOX controller to their Mac. I know it was possible in the past, but I am not sure now. Please make sure you read the full post before you give me any suggestions, because quite frankly, I probably have already tried it. Thank You!

I will be quite disappointed if there is no solution :(

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
I have experienced a few programs that are not supported on Lion yet, most grrifying is the NTFS-3G's lack of support. Since some of the programs were vital I had to resort back to Snow Leopard. I don't have a solution for you, but I do feel your pain. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for Lion capability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.