Xbox Live Craziness

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by imaketouchtheme, Jul 23, 2009.

1. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Check this out. I normally subscribe to Xbox Live via using prepaid cards from various stores. Microsoft recently had a special for $1 for a one month membership. I decided to sign up just for one month, so I entered my credit card information and I was on Gold. I then noticed that Microsoft put me on "Auto-Renewal" to renew me every month for $8. I attempted to remove my credit card from my Gamertag but it continuously gave me errors. There's no way to turn off the Auto-Renewal either. I Googled around and found out you had to call Microsoft to remove something they never told me they were tying me into.

I call them and this lady answered that I could hardly understand (I'm close to deaf anyways) and was asking my why I wanted to cancel it, etc.

We made our way through all those issues and she said that she canceled the Auto-Renewal and put me back on Silver. I checked on Xbox.com and I'm still Gold. Logged into my Xbox, guess what, still Gold! Everything works just like I'm on Gold.

Now, here's the crazy part. I go to the Account section on Xbox.com, and here's what I see:

Gold Membership

Gold Member since: 1/1/0001

End date: 1/1/0001

Automatic renewal: OFF

So, does this mean I'll have an infinite amount of Xbox Live time, or is it just a glitch in their system?

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

3. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, my account was supposed to run out today, and she said that she canceled it when I called earlier.

So, technically, it should of been gone an hour ago. Unless she just took off the Auto-Renewal, then it will be gone tonight. I'll update as necessary.

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Best of luck!

5. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

Seriously

Out of curiousity why were u canceling xbox live?

It's all I use

6. Rich3303 macrumors newbie

Oh, wow. I also signed up for the $1 membership online last month and just noticed that it should have run out by now. Looks like I get to call Microsoft, too...:eek:

7. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

8. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816

Alright, well they put me back on Silver now. :(

The reason I canceled my Xbox Live subscription was because I didn't want to pay $8 a month. I would much rather just pay $50 for a 13 month membership.

Or, if anyone has a one month code, I'd be more than happy to take that. :rolleyes::p

9. JennaLDS macrumors 6502

JennaLDS

Mine did that too.. what you have to do is put another card on there.. it would not let me remove a card that I no longer used until i put another one on there.. so get a prepaid credit card, put like 20 bucks or so on it, and then use it, when it runs out, then it runs out... then you can get a prepaid xbox live card to use.. hope this helps.

Oh and if you play Halo 3, COD 4, GH World Tour or 3 add my gamer tag Jenna531 :) Im always up for new friends!

10. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

As an aside, buy the 13 month cards on ebay. Regularly $30.

I get my 4000 point cards there as well for the same price. It's like 40% off all the time haha